Got hazardous waste? Dump it free Saturday in Galveston County.
Galveston County is holding a county-wide household hazardous waste collection and recycling event on Saturday, Nov. 13.
The event is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Gulf Greyhound Park, 1000 FM 2004 in La Marque.
The event is for household waste only. Business waste will not be accepted.
What can you dump?
- Brake fluid
- Paint thinner
- Cleaners with acid or lye
- Household batteries
- Car batteries
- Pool chemicals
- Motor oil
- Oil filters
- Computer monitors
- Televisions (up to 27" screen)
- Computer CPUs, keyboards, printers
- Cell phones
- Washing Machines
- Tires up to 20" but off the rim (limit six per household)
What cannot you dump?
- Hazardous waste/electronic waste from businesses
- Radioactive materials
- Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Fire extinguishers
- Controlled substances
Questions? Call the Galveston County Health District at 409-938-2251.
Local Advertising by PaperG